Advertising on radio is a great choice for several reasons, not the least of which is that radio is intimate. The intimacy and emotion of the human voice is one of the best and greatest ways to convey an idea or convince someone of something. Radio operates in the theatre of the mind and gives listeners the opportunity to let their imagination draw the pictures that the speaker is describing and in the process listeners’ retention rates skyrocket.
Advertising on talk radio is particularly cost effective and efficient because you are directly speaking to decision makers and business owners. And by carefully selecting shows to advertise on, you can target your audience even further.
Advertising on WMOX is a choice that has been proven and tested over time. Since 1945, WMOX Radio has been broadcasting the best in radio entertainment sponsored by the business owners who have been the movers and shakers in the Meridian and Lauderdale area. Here are just a few of the specific benefits you can receive from advertising on WMOX:
- WMOX’s target demographic, adults 25-64 and 35+, is the audience of decision. They are educated, mobile, currently own or are on their way to owning their homes, and have middle to upper incomes.
- WMOX also targets men 18+. WMOX provides the best sports programming in East Mississippi/West Alabama including Southeastern DriveTime, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, New Orleans Saints, The Pregame Show with WTOK-TV’s sports anchor Lindsey Hall and Al Brown and Super Bowl Champ Dexter McCleon’s Sportsline 1010.
- With the high audience duplication between the Country, Adult Contemporary, Urban and Rock radio formats, WMOX’s format provides a unique and effective radio buy, by reaching a whole new audience.
- WMOX is, by far, the number one News/Talk radio station in East Mississippi. Talk radio offers a different form of advertising because the commercial is more naturally integrated into the program. Channel surfing is practically eliminated.
- Because WMOX’s listeners listen actively and participate in the format, the commercial recall is much higher than stations with a music format. More people actually hear and respond to your commercial.
- WMOX uses commercials to separate programming elements, not as intrusions as with all music stations. Because listeners are involved and listening for information, they listen through commercial breaks.
- WMOX’s strong appeal with Meridian’s movers and shakers offers you a pipeline to its business community. A group of individuals who are generally difficult to reach and influence will now be accessible to you and will respond to your message.
- WMOX’s 10,000 watt AM signal covers the East Mississippi/West Alabama area enabling you to reach and to influence a very exclusive audience. WMOX also streams audio and video 24/7.
If you’d like more information on how Meridian’s News Talk Station WMOX can help you promote and build your business, click here to contact us.